Having dance uniforms encourages students to develop a sense of pride and belonging. It also ensures all children are equal and allows the teacher to clearly see how the body is working in order to safely teach and guide the dancer. Children are expected to have proper uniform if they are to be entered for ISTD examinations. Students are not expected to come in the correct uniform right away but must be in the uniform stated below by their second term.
Adults are not expected to wear a particular uniform, wear what you feel comfortable in but make sure it’s not restrictive.
Please visit Damsell Dancewear for all uniform, dancewear and accessories. Damsell is a friendly, family run business located on Farsley Town Street and will give professional help and advice.
- Capezio Mulberry cotton ruched tank leotard
- Pink Ballet socks or tights
- Mulberry cotton long sleeve wrap over cardigan (Optional during winter months)
- Pink, full sole, Ballet shoes with elastic for grades 1-2 and ribbon for grades 3 and above
- Hair MUST be tied back in a bun
- No jewellery should be worn for health and safety
You can wear your regular gym or yoga outfit. Leggings and a vest top are ideal or enter into the Ballet spirit in leotard, tights and skirt. Anything you feel comfortable in as long as it’s not restrictive or too baggy. Ballet shoes should be worn or bare feet. No trainers or other types of shoes. To make sure we are all safe, dangly jewellery or sharp rings should be removed and hair tied back to show the line of the neck.
ISTD Modern Theatre Dance
- Any Leotard
- Black leggings or Dance Tights
- Bare feet or Footundeez/Foot Thong
- Hair must be tied neatly back off of the face and no dangly jewellery.
Musical Theatre Dance
These classes have no formal uniform but children should wear dance clothes which are not too loose fitting or restrictive in any way.
Leggings or tracksuit bottoms, vest/t-shirt/leotard and bare feet are perfect. No Jeans or Skirts/Dresses.
Hair must be tied neatly back off of the face and no dangly jewellery.
DEBORAH HOSKINS DANCE T-SHIRTS
DH DANCE T-Shirts are available to buy at £8.00 each in children’s sizes.
These can be worn in class for Musical Theatre Dance and in Contemporary, Tap, Modern and Ballet for warm up only.